Sunday, July 15, 2012

Show us your stuff and other challenges!

Hi! i am in charge of the "Show us your stuff" blog at the moment while my gorgeous best friend Marelle is living her dream to visit CHA in America! She flew out yesterday and I miss her already!!! I am so blessed to have this woman as my friend . I hope she has the time of her life!!!
So onto this months challenge....
The challenge this month is to be inspired in any which way from this photo!


Take your inspiration from this fabulous paper typewriter!!  Jennifer Collier is an amazing paper artist!

So here is my layout!!! I was inspired by the circles (surprise, surprise!!) , the alphabet and the colours!!! 
 I used up some old Heidi Swapp alphas while creating this layout about Maya's love of reading! It was a warm day so we were stuck inside playing. I found her surrounded in teddies reading stories to them! And let me tell you she makes up some amazing, detailed stories!!! I love listening to her pretend to read!!!

I of course have used some of my all time favorite spotty buttons from Lil Red Rocket and a cool accordion paper flower for my handmade items! Just a little reminder to make sure you include a handmade embellishment ( made by you or some one else) as we have been finding some entries are missing this key element!



I also had a go at doing the sketch over on Anna's craft cupboard this month!!!
I decided to use only one photo though!

This is a layout of Maya with Lucy and Lily Goulding ! They had not met until we visited Queensland last year! Gotta love how kids just get along right from the get go!!!

Well I have created some more layouts too but will share next time! 
Thanks for popping by,
Eb xxxx

7 comments:

amanda73 said...

love love both those layouts..... thanks heaps for the comment on my blog, it made my day........ am getting ready to start my SUYS layout shortly....love that inspiration pic thats attached to this mths challenge

Sandra said...

Gorgeous work Ebony and thanks for your lovely comment on my 123 Challenge.

Lizzyc said...

HI.. these are fabulous, so much to look at, arty and the photos are so cute!!

Penny said...

Beautiful pages Eb!
How do you make your chevron patterns? Do you have a stencil?

Celeste Vermeend said...

Ooh Eb I love the painted chevron background! I might have to lift that I think!!

Peg said...

Gorgeous work Eb, I especially LOVE the orange chevron on white, really eye catching!

Karen said...

Wish it were me on that plane! Perhaps one day.
Love your layouts!