Wednesday, April 3, 2013

One word.....

There is only one word I can use describe the Escape 2 Create weekend I just attended...."WOW!!!!!!!"

I honestly can say it was the best fun I have had on a retreat. The organisation was impecible, the location beautiful, the company inspiring and entertaining, the food delicious .....all round just a retreat that is in a league of its own. Amanda Hall and Meredith Treloar should be SO proud of how far their retreat has come and the time , blood , sweat and tears that clearly goes into every last detail is so evident!
I was so honoured to be asked to teach at this retreat and I hope to return year after year!!!


I don't know where to start with sharing all my photos and layouts so today I am going to start with telling you about 3 amazing, inspiring, crazy, fun, loving ladies who I now can call my friends (physical friends LOL!!!...sorry private joke!) These ladies helped to make this weekend amazing.

I must start with this crazy lady!!!!!! My travel buddy Sharmaine Krujiver. This lady is SO talented and SO hillariously funny!!! I couldn't have picked a better travel buddy! She is so much fun and so inspiring!

This lady you all should know!!! Kim Jeffress. She is one of Australia's most sought after scrappers over seas and she deserves it as she is one talented lady! She is also so sweet!!! It was so amazing to get to know Kim better and I loved our chats!



Now this wonderful. funny lady who too is extremely talented, Gail Lindner! Oh you are adorable! Loved laughing with you and so glad we got to meet!!! I will remember your "isms" forever!!!!! LOL!


                                     So we all shared a room and a table.
                                                  We laughed..............
                                                ( sorry unedited pics here!)
Laughing so hard she cried!!!

 Kim,Sharmaine and I taught and supported one another in doing so. Their support and encourgement meant a lot to me.

And we dressed up like crazy people for some cool photos on the photo booth!!!

 We all decided to scrap this photo in our styles and today you can visit these ladies blogs to see their creations too!!!!
                                                            SHARMAINE
                                                                  KIM
                                                                  GAIL
                      Just click on their names to head
                                             over and check out their blogs!

So here is my layout! Bright, funky and crazy just like all of us!!! Love these girls!  It's weird when you can meet people for the first time but feel like you have known them for a lifetime. We all just gelled so well.


Gail was so kind and I gave me one of her Flair buttons to use on my page as a memento. You can access her shop from her blog! Check them out!

I also did this layout with the same photos!

Check out Gail!!! Its like "Where's Wally!" These make me laugh !!!!
And I wish we could relive the weekend all over again!!!

...

I have so much more to share......will be back soon!
Eb xx

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous GORGEOUS pages EbonyJ!
I feel blessed to have met you.
See I can be serious :)

Sandra said...

It looks like so much fun, great laughs will cure anything.

Kim said...

Ok so I'm seriously overwhelmed by your beautiful words they mean so much... Sitting next to you watching you scrap was so inspiring I love how effortlessly you put your ideas down on paper, what a fab weekend , seriously I hope we get to do it again real soon !

Natalie said...

It was so very cool to meet you Eb .... is it just me or have we known each other FOREVER!
I had so much fun and thanks for making my weekend one to remember
xxxxxx

Kerryn said...

Wow! The colour in your pages is just mind blowing. It was absolutely fabulous to share a table with you at the retreat. So many fabulous memories :).

Lizzyc said...

I have just been on Kim's blog and it certainly sounds like you all have had a marvelous time together!! and your layouts are fabulous!!

amanda73 said...

so glad you had tonnes of fun.....looks like the retreat was a hoot.....love love your layout, love your style

Gail L said...

I thought I already commented on this one . . . but here goes: I am so very glad I met you and got to know you. You are so inspiring and funny and just plain kind. I really hope that we can do it again sometime in the not so distant future! xx